Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
Pasta! Who doesn't love to indulge in a good pasta dish from time to time? We had a lot of thawed chicken breast in the fridge, some delicious broccoli from a local farmer's market, and some parmesan cheese hanging around, so I decided to see what I could put together. It passed the husband test (twice) and the three-year-old test with flying colors, so I really couldn't wait to share it with all of you!
If you're looking to keep your macros exactly the same as this recipe, I will also include the brands that I used. I also highly recommend utilizing your food scale if you have one, but if not, for measuring pasta, if you have a spaghetti spoon, the hole in the center is a reference for one serving of dried pasta. Handy, huh?
Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Calories: 355; Carbs: 31g; Protein: 35g; Fat: 8g
WHAT YOU NEED:
600g Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed
2 1/2 cups Broccoli, chopped
4 servings (228g) Whole Wheat Fettuccine (Hodgson Mills)
1 Tbsp Light Butter (Land O Lakes)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 oz (84.0g) 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
1 cup Fat Free Milk (Darigold)
1/2 cup Artisan Blend Parmesan Cheese (Sargento)
salt and pepper
1. In a large pot on your stovetop, set water to boil for the pasta. Once water has boiled, add uncooked noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside in pot.
2. Spray skillet with nonstick spray and add chicken, cooking over medium-high flame.
3. When chicken is browned, but not cooked through, add chopped broccoli and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is just starting to become tender.
4. While chicken and broccoli are cooking, in a smaller pot, melt butter and add minced garlic, cooking until fragrant.
5. Add cream cheese and milk. Whisk continuously until the liquid is smooth.
6. Add parmesan cheese and continue whisking until the whisk comes out clean. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add chicken and broccoli to pot with cooked noodles.
8. Add alfredo sauce to the pot and toss all of the ingredients together thoroughly.
9. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken up.
This recipe was definitely a nice treat and change of pace for my family. It also took me less than 45 minutes from start to finish, which is always nice. I truly hope you enjoy it and don't forget to let me know what you think! Feel free to share as well.